Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Today's Listen


Alice in Chains - Dirt (1992)

This album came with high recommendation from a friend, for good reason. The music has a unique flavor because it falls somewhere between heavy metal and grungy alternative. Since I don't have much experience in the grunge genre, the vocals often remind me of Curt Cobain, but the band here rocks much harder than Nirvana, due to the metal influence. All of the songs here are good if not great. I had an immediate attachment to the album's opener "Them Bones" because it was featured in Guitar Hero 2, and I recall loving to play it. Highlights include "Rain When I Die," "Down in a Hole," "Rooster," and "Would?" I've only listened to the album once through, but I can already tell I'll be playing it many more times to come.


1 comment: